Let’s change the world, starting in California!
Great news! After an inspiring first year, the live Conference that inspired the California Vision 2020 Online Summit will convene again in the heart of our state, Sacramento, CA.
For three exciting days, we will be hosted at the Sheraton Hotel, September 20-22, 2018. We would be so delighted to see you in person at this remarkable event. Save the date, and mark your calendars now!
We truly believe this conference is at the heart of how we create a larger Shift in the world, bringing together luminaries and leaders who at the leading edge of the new paradigm of culture.
We began this event last year with the recognition that California can lead the way to a world that is built on love, justice, and opportunity for all by advancing truly game-changing solutions.
It’s the ideal place to serve as a laboratory for a better future because we are known for our visionaries, trailblazers, and experimenters. It’s in our DNA to be the innovators in realms from technology, to culture, social movements, and more.
This conference will convene solutionaries, activists, entrepreneurs, thinkers, political leaders, and change agents who are championing new social innovations and offering visionary roadmaps to address areas from poverty to energy to education
In our first year, we featured leaders such as Dolores Huerta, Marianne Williamson, Kevin Danaher, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Angel Kyodo Williams, and Rinaldo Brutoco.
This year we are adding a large youth leadership track sponsored by The California Endowment and inviting luminaries such as Michael Bernard Beckwith, Senator Kamala Harris, Marianne Williamson, Bishop William Barber, Tom Steyer, Andrew Harvey, and Lisa Ling. We’ll span the spectrum from celebrities such as Lou Gossett Jr. to pioneers in addressing the opioid crisis.
We anticipate attendance of more than 500 Shift leaders and change agents and will include tracks on subjects like:
- Fulfilling California’s Higher Purpose
- Schools of Love: How we can create true emotional intelligence in our schools
- The California Moonshot: A ten-year plan for shifting our energy grid to sustainable energy
- Teachers Villages: Breakthrough new model that can rapidly improve inner cities through new paradigm developments like one in Newark.
- California Social Ventures: How we can create breakthroughs by empowering more socially responsible businesses.
- #metoo Dialogues: How to turn this moment into lasting change?
- Bridging Divides and working together effectively to create change
- Hollywood activism as a powerful engine for good
And we will have opportunities during the conference for “safe space” conversations, movement-building roundtables and skill-building practice sessions.
We believe that we have to offer real, lasting solutions that people can rally around. That’s why California Vision 2020 is forward-looking, transpartisan, and ultimately about creating a healthy and just society for all. We also bring interfaith and spiritual leaders together with great music to create a truly incredible event.
Our Advisory Board has 22 members, including:
- Joan Blades, co-founder of MoveOn.org, Mom’s Rising
- Sharif Abdullah, President of Commonway
- Kevin Danaher, co-founder Green Festival, Global Exchange
- Rinaldo Brutoco, President, World Business Academy
- Stacey Lawson, Board Vice Chair, Ygrene
- Elaine Whitefeather, Executive Director of Community for Peace
- Jared Levy, Board chair, Social Venture Network
- Pastor Joy Johnson, Higher Hope Christian Church
If you want to join with other Shift leaders who can help build momentum towards real change in the society and support YOUR initiatives as well, this is the event for you. You’ll receive powerful inspiration, incredible alliance building, and effective changemaking tools.
What will you find at this year's California Vision 2020 Conference?
- A place where everyone comes to the table with ideas.
- A place for action-oriented sharing in order to create real-world impact.
- A place for movements to flourish and advance.
We truly hope you can join us for this important event. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your work in the The California Vision 2020 conference and into the collaborative network committed to shifting the world with more enlightened ideas and inspired actions.
While we are only starting to confirm the speaker slots, we are 100% sure that this will be an even more star-studded event that includes more deep inspiration and collaboration opportunities than last year.
Truly, this is the single MOST important Shift event of the year!
When you register right away, you save 20% on your tickets!
Save the date and buy your ticket today here to lock in your savings:
The California Vision 2020 team
PS - If you’re committed to changing the world AND evolving yourself, this is the event for you. You’ll be deeply inspired, called into leadership, and invited into collaboration with amazing people.
You’ll see how we can solve big problems — from climate change to homelessness to political polarization — and do so with creativity, passion, hard work, and fun.
You’ll be treated to talented musical artists, profound insights, and groundbreaking success stories.
You’ll rekindle your hope and recommit to the larger dream of what our world can become.