SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2018
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
Have great ideas about how we get to a better future?
The California Vision 2020 Conference is looking for innovators, visionaries, political leaders, entrepreneurs, social justice champions, and change catalysts to submit proposals for panel presentations and roundtable discussions.
About the Conference
In a time of peril, California can light the path to a brighter future. We are the land of out-of-the-box thinking, startups and unprecedented ideas. That’s why we are the perfect incubator for societal change initiatives that can inspire the rest of the country and the world. Building on a very successful inaugural 2017 event, the second annual California Vision 2020 conference will be held on September 20-22, 2018, at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento.
Bringing together diverse agents of change to cross pollinate and inspire others to join their efforts, the conference aims to re-kindle hope for the future and more strongly establish California as a leader for the nation.
By transcending partisan divide and showcasing innovative current and proposed solutions for social, economic, and environmental issues, this conference series (planned annually through 2020) serves as a catalyst for envisioning and co- creating a healthy, peaceful, and prosperous state.
THEMES BEING EXPLORED FOR THIS YEAR'S CONFERENCE:
SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON?
We’re looking for promising practices and approaches to issues that can inspire and lead others to action. We want to draw together diverse perspectives in practical ways so we can all work together effectively to tackle tough issues and improve California for all its residents, as well as provide examples for the rest of the nation.
Submit your proposal by April 30, 2018 to be considered.
- Sessions are 50 minutes in length and at least 50% of your presentation should include meaningful audience participation.
- Panels may have up to four presenters.
Information to Submit
- A title for your presentation that is interesting, compelling and accurately reflects what your session is about.
- A description of your presentation that includes topics covered, learning points, and how you will engage your audience interactively.
- A two to three sentence description of your presentation to be utilized in our conference program
- Headshots and two to three sentence biography for all presenters' background, skills, and relevant experience.
- An optional 2-3 minute video audition consisting of a previously recorded live presentation or a smart phone video of you discussing your topic and why you believe it is relevant.
Benefits of Being a Presenter
- Complementary conference registration
- A powerful platform to network and share your ideas
- Promotion of your name on our website and in-conference publications An opportunity to display materials about your work
- You may also be featured in an online event after the conference, and will receive a recorded copy of your presentation.
- You will receive promotional materials to share with your audience.
- You will need to cover any travel expenses to attend the conference.